Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Rock Cake Recipe(from The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook

Ingredients:

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 stick (8 tablespoons) cold butter, cut into chunks
1 large egg
1/3 cup whole milk
1 cup raisins

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease and flour a large cookie sheet. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large mixing bowl. With your fingertips, rub the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture reaches the consistency of wet sand. (Side note: I realize that butter on the fingers doesn’t sound like a lot of fun, but it was interesting. Don’t be afraid of butter!)

2. Beat the egg together with the milk and pour it into the flour-butter mixture. Fold it together using a spatula to form a stiff dough. Fold in the raisins. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheet.

3. Bake for 25 minutes or until the bottoms are golden, rotating the pan midway through baking.

Makes 12 Rock Cakes

I decided to do this recipe because I love Harry Potter and everything about it. I got this cookbook for my birthday this year and I  saw this and immediately thought, 'I absolutely need to try this!'. I just had to try it before sharing it with anyone else, as it could have been gross.They weren't though, so feel free to try them whenever! They are perfect as a breakfast snack with some butter on them, heated up in the microwave. I hope you will like them as much as I did.
The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook: From Cauldron Cakes to ...
                               Better-Than-Hagrid's Rock Cakes | cooking ala mel          

BTW, if you want them as hard and gross as Hagrids were, leave them out for a few days. They'll be rock solid.



No comments:

Post a Comment

This is serious

I have something important to talk about. It's been eating at me since something happened recently. I'm turning 16 in about a month,...