Sunday, May 24, 2020

Poem about a friend I lost

Losing friends
We’ve all experienced it at least once in our lives
We have a friend, a close buddy that we trust and admire
And you think everything’s fine
That you're doing alright and nothing’s wrong
And then bam! They're gone, no longer your friend
And you're alone, wondering, ‘Why me? What did I do?’
 I have experienced this, have lost someone I trusted and admired
And felt completely and utterly alone
Like a lone leaf blowing in the wind
Or the moon, seeing everything but never able to join
And blamed myself for it
Assuming I was the cause of them leaving
Thinking that I was the reason I was alone
And never considering 
That they might have ruined the friendship too
That they might have also been part of the problem and not just me
And seeing them in the hallways at school and wondering
Do they remember all the good times we had
Laughing and talking about our crushes
Going shopping together and hanging out
Or do they only remember the fights we had daily
The little fights about the stupid stuff
And the big ones that caused so much damage to our friendship
Do they know that you went home crying nearly every day
Because you two fought again
And didn't fix it
Just let it stew and boil
Until it finally overflows
And everything comes out
And than they look up and see you watching
And you look away because you can't truly see them without hurting
Because even though you know they weren't a good friend to you
You still miss them
Still want to be their friend and remember all the good times
And just throw aside the bad times
Start over and hope that they do too
Hope that they don't leave you again without a backwards glance
And you blindly believe that they might come back to you
And apologize for everything that happened
Even though deep down you know they won’t
I felt all these things
Still do today
Sometimes I look at their number that I still have on my phone
Hoping against hope they'll text
And knowing they won't
And I know that I need to let them go
Because it's never good to brood on the past
When the future is just ahead

2 comments:

  1. That was emotional and it was good.Hope you become a great writer someday.Have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. It’s my first poem, so I’m surprised by how well it turned out.

      Delete

This is serious

I have something important to talk about. It's been eating at me since something happened recently. I'm turning 16 in about a month,...